Thursday, June 21, 2012

Your name...

Dear Chloe,
I had a wonderful surprise today. My dear friend Allison whom I call my SIG (sister in grief) sent a wonderful card. You didn't know it but you participated in the MISS foundation Kindness walk where grieving families walk in memory of a child lost. Allison sent me your card, this was placed next to her two children (twins) Shelby and Dalton. You three are very close, all of our memories include the three of you causing mischief. Grief can cause profound extraordinary things to happen in life. This woman, Allison, I met online on the MISS foundation website. I read her post about losing her babies and she had lost them only weeks before I lost you. My message was short and sweet, letting her know that I would be praying for her and her babies. She replied and an instant bond took hold.  She even came up here to see me while her husband was on business downtown. It was a happy few days, we didn't cry about you three. We talked as if you were still here, with us downtown at that very moment. It felt good to talk to someone who understood- someone who wouldn't look at me like I was crazy while commencing the awkward silence that always seems to follow.
When I opened her letter and saw your name I cried. It truly was a beautiful surprise. I feel blessed to have such a "bondship" (its more than friendship), but I wish it would have been on different circumstances. Thinking about it, I would never have met that Chick bubbly Arizona woman who loves her pink jacket! ;0)
Thank you for sending her to me sweet Angel. I will always have a hole in my heart where a piece of yours should be, but I am thankful my heart is still beating- because it beats for your and your brothers and sisters. I love you so much.
I love you, i miss you....until I hold again...

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment