Wednesday, November 7, 2012

If only I could be president!

I have to chuckle at the title of this blog baby girl. Who in thier right mind would vote for me to be president? None of that really matters for the simple fact that it will never happen. If I was though, could you imagine all the good I could do? It would be so easy to do your work and make legislation that required vaccine research on CMV and how everyone in the world would some how be informed about this horrible virus. Hell, I would even mandate that it is part of middle school sex education. I know that job is harder than it looks, but nothing could possibly be as hard as living without your dead child. I would take the long hours, time consuming events and countless signing of papers than to live this life without you.
I am glad the election is over Chloe. I saw a woman who brought her baby to the polls yesterday. She was so small, still in the carrier. That should of been us. I didnt look long, I still cant look at other babies, it hurts too much. I see you in all of them. I have to confess something Angel. Yesterday was the first time I have voted. I am not proud of this fact, but I finally voted for the first time at 30 years old. At first when election time was gearing up, I really didnt care. My child is dead! Why the hell would I vote? Nothing seems to matter, but it hit me yesterday- I had to vote. I had to. Not because I have some politcal agenda, quite frankly I really didnt know which one was the lesser of two evils. I sat in a chair waiting for your sister's counseling appointment. Looking out the window across the street was a sign that said "vote here". That's when it hit, like most things. I have to vote, I just have to!- because you will never get the chance. I didnt just have my voice to speak out for, I had two. You do these thing to me my lovie. You have made me realize my ignorance, my blind existance and that my reality was not reality. Any good that I do, I do because of you. If I never get to vote again, or if I never get to change the world of CMV, then the one thing I will say is that you have changed me no matter what. Life will never be the same, I will never be the same. I cant deny that I have done more good in my life since your death 9 months ago than I ever have in all my life. What a douche bag Ive been. I feel it, I know it in my heart that you would be looking at me telling me to do this. How you would do all the wonderful things in life if only you were breathing. I hate that it took losing you for me to realize that I have missed out on so much. That I have taken things for granted. Afterall, women did not always have the right to vote, and I chose not to. I know baby girl, it's stupid.
Thank you for the glimmer of light you show me in the darkness. This zombie like state I function in is only tolerable because I can see you in everything. There is nothing more I wish than to be with you. I am trying to wait my time, but until then I will just have to live life for you.
This is all for now Angel. I love you, I miss you, Until I hold you again.

Mommy


https://www.facebook.com/Angels4Chloe#!/Angels4Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment